Success is measurable for Capital Business Development Associates’ clients. CB-DA is committed to delivering a value proposition for each client that achieves increased top-line numbers, cost avoidance and accelerated opportunity assessment. We approach the government market with several concurrent processes, all of which are designed to maximize success in the minimum possible time.
1) Develop A Tailored Business Development Plan to identify opportunities and plan execution of CB-DA activities in support of each client. This process generates a working document which defines opportunities associated with client products and services. Objectives of this effort are to register opportunities and define an action plan. While continuously improving the plan, CB-DA will concurrently pursue the recommendations contained therein. This document is intended to be a measurable “roadmap” supporting CB-DA efforts. It is intended to be informal, focused and provides a tool supporting activities over time. The CB-DA plan describes targeted accounts, procurement and contract vehicle strategies, and time-line goals during which execution takes place. CB-DA encourages quarterly progress reviews, with updates taking place monthly.
2) Develop A Formal Federal/Strategic Business Plan to assist client firms desiring a structured document, with associated research that defines how to penetrate or expand within the Federal market. This service can deliver a professional Federal/Strategic business plan. Under the leadership of a senior CB-DA staffer, a research team will identify opportunities within a defined time frame, and prepare a recommended marketing budget with a Federal sales forecast. The plan will identify desirable and required product enhancements with competitive analysis, partnering recommendations, and advice on messaging. The go-to-market version of the plan will give you an excellent tool against which to gauge CB-DA and your progress on an on-going basis.
3) Assist Client Efforts to Build and Initiate Legislative and State Government Contact Plan. The goals of these efforts are to obtain support for initial, prototypical efforts that are of national or state significance. This effort can yield legislative support regulatory review and/or appropriations.
4) Pursue Research & Development and Grant Funding with a goal of obtaining new revenue streams to support emerging requirements and or collaboration with state and/or federal consumers. This effort can yield significant funding, as well as build advocacy within specific agencies. More than seven BILLION dollars in discretionary funding will be awarded by federal, state and local governments during the next year. Many clients benefit from CB-DA’s expertise and assistance in pursuing these potential revenue streams.
5) Contribute to Building International Markets by facilitating partnerships with overseas distributors, and access to new markets. The goal of this effort is to assist CB-DA clients in expanding their marketing opportunities, without establishing an overseas business development presence.
6) Target National Guard/State Emergency Management Procurement(s) to capture new markets and revenues. Certain National Guard procurements are effective cross-roads for Homeland Security, Public Safety and Emergency Management requirements. Because of the relevance and unique status of the National Guard, clients are able to concurrently explore multiple markets with a unified message.
7) Access to key decision makers is essential to enable clients to get a fair hearing when penetrating new opportunities. CB-DA facilitates meetings with appropriate decision makers and ensures that products are introduced using appropriate processes.
8) Facilitate Development of Capture Strategies and recommend appropriate changes for federal and state government programs. CB-DA ensures that its clients are aware of relevant opportunities associated with federal, state and local government requirements
9) Facilitate a channel strategy suited to the government marketplace. Many companies that have great products and/or services are stopped by the absence of contract vehicles that enable the government to invest in them. Governments prefer to buy through existing contracts, such as GSA Schedules, Government Wide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs), 8(a) companies or existing contracts held by large systems integrators. Our team has the experience to identify the appropriate channels for your company.
10) Identify Non-Hostile Teaming Partners to better position clients to compete in specific markets or opportunities. Non-predatory, synergistic relationships can expand opportunities, gain new associations and procurement vehicles with the intent of increasing our client’s share of the market.
11) Collaboration on Conferences and Trade Shows can extend client reach, while avoiding many of the costs. CB-DA attends many events annually that span from information technology, weapons and tactics, defense automotive, and DoD associations to international commerce and trade missions. Clients can reduce direct costs by leveraging CB-DA commitments to attend these events.